I have a birthday coming up. Next week.
It’s not the BIG birthday, but it’s the one before the BIG one. ‘Nuff said.
I’m feeling old as of late, and here are some reasons why.
1. I have a decision to make. Embrace the grey hair or spend the money to cover it up. Honestly, I’ve tried to embrace it, and pluck it out with tweezers, and neither is really working for me.
2. This year Brian and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. Wow!!
3. My oldest baby has officially completed Drivers Ed and has her learners permit. (Deep breaths…Deep breaths) I still remember the feel of her in my arms for the very first time.
4. My oldest son has had a growth spurt. We can look each other in the eyes now. I remember the first time I saw those beautiful eyes.
5. My youngest son is also growing so fast we can’t keep clothes that fit. I’m no longer able to pick him up. My baby.
6. My metabolism seems to have slowed to a turtle’s pace.
7. My knees creak when I walk up the stairs.
8. I used to be warm natured, and now I am always cold.
9. My vision is terrible!
10. As I sit here, I have a hot rice sock on my neck. I reached up to brush my hair this morning and pulled a muscle in my neck. How does this happen? I was trying to brush my hair!
Someone, please commiserate with me or tell me I’m youthful.
This post is linked up with Oh Amanda. Visit her for Top Ten Tuesday.