Sometimes it’s hard to get up and out of the mire of daily life and hassles, but when you focus on being thankful, your whole outlook changes. I learned this valuable lesson from Pam over at Without Fear. So Pam, I love your blog because it inspires me!
Here’s what I am thankful for right now…
1. Praise be to God, and his grace, mercy and love for me. I don’t always feel worthy, but He says I am!
2. My warm and cozy home that protects me from the elements. I pray for those people who are out on the streets without a place to call home.
3. My family is healthy. That is a big one, because we have all kinds of bad things going around in the school system right now.
4. The chance to touch others’ lives with prayer, because it is such a simple thing for me to do, but it has a tremendous impact.
5. My friends and family, because I know they are praying for me.
6. My husband, because I know in my heart that God placed us in the same location for a reason. We are meant to be together, and in his own way, he makes me strive to be a better person. I love him.
7. Fall is my favorite season. The spring and summer were so dry here, and I wondered what that would do to the fall colors. Well, God has taken out his paint and brushes, and the canvas before me is a glorious display of red, yellow, golden, and orange. I love it because everywhere I look I can see God!
8. The whole daylight savings time is something that this Indiana girl is just not used to, and frankly I struggle with it for about 3 months. So I really thought about this one. I am thankful for the time change because I can see the sunrise on my way home from dropping my dd off at school. We started the school year off by sharing the sunrise together, and then had a few weeks where it was dark when we left our house. Now we can share the splendor of the sky together again.
9. My recent motivation to take control of the clutter and get organized is still here. I am sticking with it, and seeing results. My kitchen sink is shining Flylady!
10. Last, but not least, I am thankful for the wonderful women who minister to me from their blogs. We may never meet one another in person, but I consider you all my friends.
If you’re inspired to follow suit with a Thursday Thanks Tank, grab the button and go see Pam to let her know.